Datacolor Unveils 45G reference-grade handheld spectrophotometer
45/0 Instrument with integrated gloss sensor provides accurate control of color appearance
Lawrenceville, NJ – January 11, 2011 – Datacolor announces the availability of the Datacolor 45G, a high accuracy handheld spectrophotometer with integrated gloss measurement. Datacolor 45G excels in color appearance evaluation of painted surfaces, plastic parts, package prints, automotive parts, commercial furniture and other manufactured goods. Measurements made with the 45G capture the effect of base color, gloss and texture on overall visual appearance.
Automotive interior components, with varying texture and finish, each manufactured by different vendors need to visually match. Datacolor 45G enables quality control of multiple components to a close numerical tolerance in order to achieve an overall match in color appearance. Paint and coating applications can benefit from the 45G’s ability to detect changes in appearance from both gloss and base color. Appearance changes in plastics injection molded parts due to mold wear can be measured with the 45G before the changes lead to off-quality production.
“With 45G, product manufacturers can precisely measure and control both color and gloss in a single convenient package,” said Bob Karpowicz, Product Manager – Instruments at Datacolor. “The unique optical design and dynamic calibration algorithm used by 45G results in consistent measurement over time and across multiple 45G units. Manufacturers can benefit tremendously from using the 45G for batch-to-batch quality control. Reliable measurements with 45G can enable a data-driven quality process through the supply chain.”
The Datacolor 45G Features:
- Best-in-class Measurement Accuracy and Inter-instrument Agreement
- Simultaneous measurement of Gloss and Color for quality control
- 45/0 optical geometry to correlate with visual appearance
- Modern, ergonomic design with color screen and Bluetooth connectivity
- Easy to read display of multiple Pass/Fail tolerances
- The software on the device enables storage of standards and batches, calculation of colorimetric values, and indication of pass/fail in quality control.
- The 45G seamlessly integrates with the included Datacolor Tools desktop software, synchronizing standards and batch results to generate QC reports and manage large amounts of measurement data.
- Datacolor 45G establishes a new benchmark in performance, convenience and value for handheld spectrophotometers.
For more information about 45G and its applications visit http://www.datacolor.com/45g
Datacolor is a global leader in color management solutions and color communication technology. The world’s leading brands, manufacturers, creative professionals and consumers have been choosing Datacolor’s innovative technology and solutions to consistently achieve the right color for nearly 40 years. A Swiss held company, Datacolor’s global presence encompasses a sales, service and support network serving customers in more than 65 countries throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia, along with 13 worldwide operation and production facilities. Industries served include apparel and textile, paint and coatings, automotive, plastics, photography, home theater and others.
For more information about Datacolor and its products or services, visit www.datacolor.com.
Matter Communications on behalf of Datacolor