An Impossible Undertaking—Without Digital Color Management
“Fast, accurate and reliable.” Those are the words Y.R.C. used to describe Datacolor’s spectrophotometers and software. Y.R.C. operates four dye fabric houses, one yarn dying facility and one printing facility. Without a well-executed, digital approach to standardization, this could easily lead to inconsistent color, missed deadlines and exorbitant costs for rejected samples—not to mention putting a strain on the company’s critical customer relationships.
Y.R.C. knew they needed to partner with a company with high standards for repeatability and inter-instrument agreement. They also knew they needed a global support network dedicated to ensuring they were equipped with the right tools to serve a high-profile customer base. Datacolor’s local presence also meant that our team would be there whenever they needed support.
With the support of Color Experts, Datacolor’s partner in Thailand, Y.R.C. implemented a digital color communication strategy that would ensure the highest level of repeatability—no matter the color or dyeing location. Datacolor solutions help Y.R.C.:
- Dramatically reduce sample costs
- Reduce conflicts caused by visual communication
- Achieve the level of repeatability needed for a mill with a production capacity of their size
- Avoid unnecessary dyeing and achieve more first shot matches
- which leads to cutting costs, saving a significant amount of time, reducing water use and combating air pollution